What is the square footage of each studio?
All sizes are approximate
– Lavin or Farrell Studios: 20′ x 27’5″ = 550 sq. ft.
– South Studio (White Room): 20′ x 19’5″ = 390 sq. ft.
– Backstage Dance Studio: 15’5″ x 41’5″ = 643.25 sq. ft.
– Stage: 15′ (to the arch) + 8′ (Lip Extension) x 41’5″ = 954.5 sq. ft.
– Main Auditorium: 41’5″ x 40′ = 1660 sq. ft.
– Donn Ansell Dance Studio (Downstairs): 63′ x 16′ = 1008 sq. ft (Wooden Dance Floor Area) and 63′ x 26′ = 1638 sq. ft.
How many tables do you have?
Total we have:
– 10 six-foot round tables that can seat 8 people
– 10 eight-foot rectangle tables that can seat 8 people
– 10 six-foot rectangle tables that can seat 6 people
How many chairs do you have?
We have 200 folding chairs, upholstered and maroon in color.
Do I have access to all the tables and chairs?
If there are other events going on, please place a request in advance on how many tables you will need and we will do our best to have that number available for you.
Do you provide tablecloths?
No, you are responsible for providing all table linens.
Where can I park?
Patrons of the HBHUSO/Community Arts Center can park in the surface lot conveniently located next to the building.
– Hourly: $2.25
– Daily: $12.00
Paid parking is enforced 24/7 unless otherwise noted. Visit the City of Wilmington’s website for more information about downtown Wilmington parking.
What is a house attendant?
The house attendant is the manger on duty and will be your point of contact during the day of your rental. The house attendant is responsible for opening and closing the building. They will be in the building for the duration of your contract to help answer any questions.
Can I get into the space early to set up?
You are able to get into the building at the start of your rental agreement. Please make sure to include set-up and clean-up time when booking the space.
How long do I have to clean up after my event?
All clean up of your event must be completed by the end of your rental agreement. Please make sure to include set-up and clean-up time when booking the space.
What is included if I add on the $75 set up fee?
– When a renter chooses to add the set up fee to their contract, this means that the CAC staff is responsible for setting up and breaking down the building’s tables/chairs/panels/risers/etc used for the event. Renter must provide a diagram of set up for approval prior to event date. This does not include cleaning.
– Renter may choose to set up their event at no additional cost which means that the renter is responsible for setting up and breaking down the building’s tables/chairs/panels/risers/etc used at and for the event. While these items may be moved around from different studios, please put everything back in its designated spot at the conclusion of the event.
Who is responsible for cleaning after my event?
Renters are responsible for cleaning all areas that were used in the duration of their event. Your house attendant will show you where all cleaning supplies are located (we will provide all necessary cleaning supplies.) Renters must take out all trash at the end of their event. All trash must be placed in BLUE BAGS only and put on the curb in front of the building. Renters are not responsible for cleaning the restrooms.